Fitness Magazine. Here are your words & facts of inspiration to get a move on, enjoy!
*As little as 30 minutes of cardio 3-5 days a week will add SIX YEARS to your life!*
As you work out:
- Your lungs are getting stronger
- Your motivation is at its peak (endorphins make you feel psyched and energized!)
- You're fighting flab
- You're protecting yourself against colds, flu...BEING SICK! *Every sweat session you do can help strengthen your immune function for about 24 hours!*
- You're feeling zen (apparently, the feeling that you get is "Stress? What stress?")
- Fit Tip: Do intervals! *Women who did interval training in a recent study had a bigger boost in mood immediately following their workout than those who worked out at a steady pace*
- You're blasting calories, even when you're resting
- Fit Tip: Strength train at least twice a week so you will turbo charge your metabolism so you'll continue to burn calories for up to 38 hours
- *Immediate food fix for after you work out and you feel light-headed or even nauseated: a banana, half a bagel or any high-carb food will refuel you.*
Within one day of exercise:
- You're adding lean muscle
- Your heart is healthier
- You're a quick study (You're super alert and focused post-exercise. Hel-lo finals!)
- Fit Tip: *After a workout is the perfect time to memorize a speech or tackle a tough project!*
Within one week of regular exercise:
- Your risk of diabetes goes down
- You're slimmer (duh)
LONG TERM BENEFITS:
- You're getting stronger
- Fit Tip: Once you can do 15 reps a set, switch to a weight that's 2 pounds heavier and go back to 10 reps. Then work your way back up to 15 again and repeat the process.
- You're blasting belly fat. *After 4 weeks of regular workouts, your body is ditching flab and gaining muscle! Overweight people who took part in a 4 week program in an Australian study reduced ab flat by 12%!*
- *To trim your tummy, do fewer crunches and more planks*
- You've got more brainpower
WIthin one year of regular exercise:
See you at the gym!
- Working out is way easier (your endurance can more than double in one year!)
- Your heart rate is lower (your heart is pumping more efficiently)
- You're a fat-melting machine (woah)
- You've cut your cancer risk
- You're adding years to your life!
- You feel fantastic :)
Now ya heard, spread the word.