Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Fun Fact: Dr. Seuss wrote "Green Eggs and Ham" after a bet

Did you hear that Dr. Seuss wrote the infamous book, Green Eggs and Ham, after his editor bet him he couldn't write a book using 50 words or less?

The book uses exactly 50 words, but we don't know what Dr. Seuss won from the bet.

Here are a list of the 50 words: a, am, and, anywhere, are, be, boat, box, car, could, dark, do, eat, eggs, fox, goat, good, green, ham, here, house, I, if, in, let, like, may, me, mouse, not, on, or, rain, Sam, say, see, so, thank, that, the, them, there, they, train, tree, try, will, with, would, and you.

Bet you can't write a 50 word comment with all of those words :)

OMG Facts

Now ya heard, spread the word.

1 comment:

  1. I am Sam and anywhere I be I see. I like trees, and trains, and ham. Could you would you eat a goat? With you I would try a fox. Okay no I cannot do it. But this was an interesting blog

    ReplyDelete